Retail Therapy As A Hobby Start

My first hobby start will be to make some necklace pendants out of shiny/polished rocks.  A bit of Googling found 30ish rock clubs in Washington State.  Further research determined that the closest rock shop was in downtown Kirkland by the marina at http://www.earthlightgems.com.

After much looking at many shiny rocks and crystals, I bought six cabochons (relatively flat shaped polished rocks/gemstones).  In the spirit of shopping, I also ordered a rotary hand-tool with some diamond bits to grind holes in the pendants if wire-wrapping goes astray. 

Now I really wish I had a workshop.  I have wanted a rock polisher since I was a kid.  It would be killer to have space for metal work, polishing and such.  That is already a pleasant side-effect of my getting a hobby—to dream bigger dreams than merely having another day of life.  So far, so good.

Tomorrow will be a full day with the doctor, lunch with Dan and hopefully swimming.  Friday will work to get started wire bending and grinding.  How cool is that?  A creative activity to look forward to…


I am grateful for the willingness to stretch my comfort zone trying to develop some artistic creativity.  [That only took about 20 books on positive psychology suggesting the same thing for me to be willing to take action…  Progress, not perfection!]

No comments:

Post a Comment