Cupcakes

Lea and Brittany co-secretary/chair the Tuesday morning meeting.   Lea brings treats on Tuesday and Brittany brings treats on Friday.  Lea is making cupcakes tonight for the morning meeting.  I used the hand mixer my sister gave me to mix the cake batter.  We bought the fancy German chocolate cake mix judging by how it mixes in two bowls and is then combined in the pan by slightly swirling the top layer.

Lea finished a 4th & 5th step with her sponsor yesterday.  I strongly believe that will reduce her anxiety/stress level which likely was, in my mind, a big part of her chronic body pains.  She already is a lot happier and in less pain today.  It is a huge leap of faith driven by hideous pain for an alcoholic to work the steps.  Nobody I know of came to AA with a casual hurt seeking to stay sober.

We will work on a 12-step workbook while waiting for the cupcakes to cook.

I am grateful to be sober in recovery with good friends and fun projects to work while doing my best to be of service to others.






No comments:

Post a Comment