Lunch With Bob

 Had lunch with my friend Bob yesterday at Southcenter Mall.  He looked great, especially  for a man doing chemo for skin cancer.  I have known Bob since at least first grade, maybe kindergarten.  My oldest memory of him is playing marbles with him and losing my giant steelie.  That is when I learned that I hated losing while gambling.  To this day, I kinda like gambling but hate losing so bad that I don’t gamble with the expectation of possibly winning.  That was a good lesson.

I don’t see much of Bob even though he only lives 20 minutes away.  He is married and lives with his wife Lani a short mile east of the north end of the Seatac airport runways with surprising less noise than I would expect from the airport.  Bob has been a really good friend to me over the years.

I am grateful for my relationship with Bob.  He is the only person from my childhood that I stay in contact with and very important to me even though I don’t see much of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment