A Good Day After A Rough Start

Yesterday’s morning meditation was a wonderful experience in positive thinking.  This morning’s meditation was a less salubrious experience with multiple flashbacks to times of feeling shame or resentment towards others.

The great fact is that I knew this too shall pass being mindful to get back into the present moment.  I did have a nice day.  Our morning meeting was brimming with positive energy of alcoholics telling stories of triumph over addiction and adversity.  The topic title was All We Do Is Try. 

A vigorous swim and talking with others helped make a better day.  Danica and I chatted while treading water.   The circle of life continues, her favorite uncle is dying and she is going to have her baby soon.  Drilling my first cabochon and doing some wire work expanded my artistic horizons.  The resulting “jewelry” was the wire working equivalent of coloring outside the lines with crayons.  Nonetheless I have now made a start on a new hobby.

As I practice meditation, not all experiences will be delightful.  With practice I am more diligent and  become more skilled in focusing on the good things on I want in my life instead of being stuck on all my problems in other words, seeing life as a glass half full instead of half empty.

Danica called this evening to let us know that she had gone into labor and was going to the hospital to have her baby.

I am grateful for another day sober, becoming a diligent meditator, recovery, swimming, long sunny days with almost 16 hours between sunrise and sunset, a new hobby, and great books to read on my Kindle courtesy of the King County Library system.  The circle of life continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment