My First Art Class Since Junior High

I signed up for a two-day class next weekend on making pendants with silver and cabochons by cutting and soldering silver pieces together. The same silversmithing methods are used to make rings, earrings and other jewelry.  I struggled in both art and shop class due to a lack of creativity, desire and skill to make things.  I might never make beautiful well crafted jewelry.  I am sure that I will enjoy making things with metal, hot fire and small power tools.

I am excited about the idea of making pendants with polished rock.  If nothing else, I will learn more about the geology of how the rocks were formed in the earth’s crust, some inorganic chemistry and metallurgy.  I want to know more about all those topics.


I am grateful for the self-awareness to know that I need to find a creative artistic outlet.  I am also grateful that I have the time and financial resources to afford to a go at crafting metal into jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment