Amazon.Com

I have gone wild shopping on Amazon for my new metalsmithing hobby.  They have a bigger selection at a better price than any store.
              
My weekend classmate Kim works for the Feds in some sort of identity theft division.  She won’t shop online anywhere much less at Amazon for ID theft reasons.  I think that is hideously poor risk analysis.  Brick & mortar stores such as Target have given up hundreds of millions of credit card numbers to hackers and Target is her favorite store.  Target did not announce the theft for months.  I believe that Amazon has some of the best digital security experts in the world working to make their systems secure.   Target got cracked by letting an outside HVAC tech access their server.  I did not share my thoughts with her about risk analysis for ID theft between shopping at Amazon and Target.  She did not seem like the sort to be persuaded by facts such as proven loser that hid their egregious error vs. world leader.  I did not mention both my sister and brother-in-law having CISSP certification, or even begin to discuss security with her beyond mentioning Bruce Schneier shops online.

I am grateful for the prices, selection and convenience of shopping online at Amazon.com.  It would take months with trips to stores for me to accumulate what I will have by Wednesday—and the prices would be at least 200% higher.  Thank you Amazon.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment