Amazon Customer Service

My sister bought me a set of Rachel Ray knives for my birthday six years ago.   A little metal butt-plate on the end of the handle fell off two weeks ago.  Emails to the Rachel Ray company got an auto-response with no actual human contact.  The knives are advertised to have a “Quality Assurance Guarantee” on their Amazon website.

Amazon customer service (ACS) offered me a choice of getting a refund or another knife set since they did not sell the broken French knife as a single piece.  I asked for another set of Rachel Ray knives.  RR had changed the design so that the handles no longer have a metal butt  plate.  ACS could not directly replace the knives so they refunded the purchase price back to my sister.  She ordered me another set of RR knives.

I did not expect ACS to take such a pro-active stand on warranting someone else’s product six years after the purchase.   If I did not already buy as much as I can from Amazon, I would now buy a higher percentage.  Kudos to Amazon customer service for a pleasant surprise in owning someone else’s broken product.


I am grateful for an extremely high level of customer service by Amazon and will continue to pay $99 for Amazon Prime membership for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment