The Seattle Seahawks Play in the Superbowl Tomorrow

The Seahawks are in the Superbowl for the second time in the 40 year history of the team.  Greater Seattle is delirious with excitement and optimism.

I have a hard time identifying with their white billionaire owner and black multimillionaire players.  I am definitely not a fan of having had to buy them a new open air stadium to replace a much more useful Kingdome.  I have never bought a piece of “Official” overpriced team merchandise in my life.  If they win the Superbowl, there is a chance I might get Lea a Seahawk garment.  If they lose the Superbowl, the chances might be even better of getting an Official team garment following an immediate slashdown on prices!  


I am grateful the Seahawks are in the Superbowl and hope that they win tomorrow.  Either way, tomorrow night I will be chairing my home group meeting on the first step: We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.

1 comment:

  1. Seymour Hoffman died of an overdose of Heroin in nyc today 2/2/14. Only 46 years old, a partner for 15 years and 3 children one son Cooper 10, Tallulah 7 and Willa 3 (maybe 5 but young) they will never ever know their dad, he chose drugs over his family..He was clean for 23 years relapsed into hard Heroin and the police and drug team thinks he got the crap Heroin that is killing many thru out the country..Thought you could speak to your group that many suffer from addiction and kills a person eventually sooner more likely than later..I know this is depressing news he was a brilliant actor..I had a close family member work for him, they said he had an addictive personality and could get any drugs he wanted, sad sad set of circumstances..

    ReplyDelete