A New Refrigerator and a Quiet Car

The fan/motor/compressor noise from my refrigerator bugged me while sleeping since I moved into this apartment a dozen years ago.  The solution was to sleep with my bedroom door closed which worked pretty well.

The maintenance guy replaced my refrigerator with a newer model that was six months old.  I did not ask why they had a refrigerator laying around that was 6 months old, but am a bit curious about that.

My car had a squeak and a rattle that should have been fixed by Ali’s Automotive a couple of visits ago.  They finally got the squeak fixed, but did not get the rattle from the exhaust pipe until after they brought the car back to me and I gave the driver, Ali’s daughter Katherine, a ride back to the shop.  That took another 45 minutes.  They used to do a lot better work.  This was all done under warranty so I am at least okay with the price.

I am grateful to have good technicians to fix quality products for me at no cost for me today.  It felt especially good to have my car and refrigerator in good quiet working order as I drove back from the shop today.  It still feels good to have completed those mechanical maintenance tasks.


No comments:

Post a Comment