I Need a New Habit

My life feels slightly adrift right now as I near my 55th birthday and am again closing in on one year of sobriety.  Fortunately I don’t have a great deal of angst or anxiety.  It is clear there is a need for something else in my life.  For most people, that would be a job.  In my situation, making more than $1k/month is counter-productive.

Volunteering with kids in a mentoring or tutoring is an obvious possibility.  I emailed a local organization earlier this week about volunteering.  It would be great have a part-time self-employed gig making a few more dollars or paying expenses in lieu of wages although I haven’t come across anything that really comes close to being even a seemingly feasible possibility.

Something will turn up if I am ready to answer the door when opportunity knocks.  If I leave a light on and let people know I am home & ready to go, that knock will surely happen sooner than later.


I am grateful to have lived this long, have 346 days of sobriety and a meeting to secretary tomorrow morning.  After that, I will meet with Mike and Greg at the mall for some fellowship.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 55th Birthday you are 12 years younger than my husband of nearly 40 years, his dad and alcoholic womanizer, he never drinks nor do I..It looks like you will not drink again, for that you should be jumping for joy, you are a beacon to others who consume liquor and drugs to stay absolutely away from those demon crap substances, oh the misery they visit upon on all who consume them..Congratulations to your sobriety, I don't even know your name and I pray for you to keep sober and fight the good fight, you are a beacon and a light to others who need to be sober forever not just a day, although I am told it is one day at a time, but you have been sober for almost a year & that is AMAZING..happy happy! like you want to help others out, that will keep you happy, sober and at peace..

    ReplyDelete