Even The Blah Days Are Okay

Did the usual morning routine followed by a swim and grocery shopping at Cash-n-Carry.  The morning was a rainstorm and the afternoon eventually cleared up for a bit of sun. 

For the last four days I woke up in a crabby mood and then my magic magnifying mind spent the next 15 minutes trying justify where I was self-righteously right and had be wronged by others.  Then I got my mind back on track with some mindful meditation and had a pretty good day.  That is a lot progress from how I used to be with passive-aggressive sarcasm that got me what I most wanted to avoid—loneliness and isolation.

That reminds me of a prayer I got from my friend Merri to the effect of, “Well god, so far it has been a pretty good day.  Pretty soon now I am going to get up and need a lot of help dealing with others before they get on my last nerve.  Amen.”

I am grateful for the progress I have made having my actions display greater emotional maturity and being able to let go of a bad mood before I start taking to others thus avoiding destructive behavior and having to try to make amends for said damage.


No comments:

Post a Comment