A Nice Valentine’s Day

Today was “St” Valentine’s Day [St added by Greg of the Catholic school education].  Today was a pleasant one following the usual routine of clinic, meeting, meet at Crossroads and then home.  Today, Greg joined us at the mall where we ate lunch after meeting with Charlie and Margie. 

I have been single most of my life.  Since elementary school, Valentine’s Day has been more of an anxiety creating concept than a celebration of love and romance.  Spending today with friends after a meeting worked out well after a short mild snarky start in the morning due to my resistance and rebellion to perceived Madison Avenue social expectations. 

Today’s meeting topic was on expectations.  For most alcoholics, an expectation is a premeditated resentment which is a dubious luxury to normal people and poison for an alcoholic.  It was a good meeting.  I brought cute little pink cupcakes to share with the group.


I am grateful for the love and support that I get from my friends in a variety of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment