A Nine Month Review My 2013 New Year’s Resolutions

At the beginning of the year I committed to the two new habits of going to 90 meetings in 90 days and writing a Gratitude blog post every morning.   Aside from a relapse in March, I have gone to more than 90 meetings every 90 days by maybe an extra 5 or ten meetings.  I have written 256 posts out of 276 days.  It turned out that writing at night works better for me.

In June I added the habit of swimming every day.  That went well until the pool closed for a month in late August.  I got back to swimming for a week and then got a cough that has kept me out of the water.  My cough is better now.  I hope to go swimming again tomorrow.

I have several other new habits for the year.  I meet with Charlie and Mike every Friday at Crossroads Mall.  Their friendship, wisdom and support has helped me a LOT this year.  I try to read affirmations and meditate every morning.  My reading consistency is pretty good.  The meditation practice is going great and has changed my mind (thought patterns) so that I have much less anxiety and depression by helping me stay in the present moment.


I have worked hard to make these changes and am proud of my achievements.  I am grateful for my consistent practice and for the wonderful results.  There were a few happier times in my life, I never had this much serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment