95 Minutes Of Swimming

I swam for 95 minutes today.   That was probably the longest continuous swim session in my life.  My mind was obsessing on negative thoughts and others when I got in the pool.  By the time I got out of the pool, I was relaxed and pleased with myself.  Parts of the swim session were very vigorous, it was all constant motion.

I came home to lunch, watched the Seahawks win a pleasant come-from-behind victory, took a nap, drove to my Sunday night home group, walked a few blocks to the library, got a three books and walked back to another good first step meeting at my home group. 

The downtown Bellevue library is one the biggest and best of the King County Library System.   The KCLS is the largest, by items checked, library system in the country.  It is a fantastic resource in our community.

My home group, Steppin Up, is a step study group.  In the 8 years I have been going there, we have done 32ish first step meetings over the years.  Going to a step study meeting every week serves to reinforce the basics of the AA program to me: stay sober; go to meetings; get a sponsor; work the steps; and help others.


I am grateful for a great swim, a great football game, a great library, and a great meeting.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment