A Raggedy Week of Habits

My plan for daily habits/routine is to swim and go to a meeting every day.  In the last 8 days, I swam 4x and went to 7 meetings.  My levels of self-care are vastly better than how it used to be and my self-destructive behaviors are a lot more mild than ever before.  I also went out to eat 5x.  All that was a mixed bagged of relationship building and eating too much. 

Yesterday I did not write in my Gratitude blog for the first time in months.  I am writing this morning and plan to write again tonight.  It is best to do my daily habits once a day instead of in bunches.  It is better for me and my addict mind do them in bunches than skip over missed events altogether.  The make-up works helps me to stop my addict mind thinking from talking me out of healthy behaviors by knowing that I will have to do whatever activity sooner or later as opposed to not have to do it at all.

I am grateful for my progress in having healthy daily routines and that my self-destructive behavior consists of not going swimming or dining out with friends instead of smoking crack.  That is miraculous fantastic progress that I could not have done on my own.  I owe my success to my higher power, AA and my friends in recovery.  Even my shortcomings are better today!


No comments:

Post a Comment