A Classier Set Of (Car) Problems

For the first time in 34 years, I have two cars in reliable good working order.  I am having new shocks and such installed on the new (to me) car and was planning on picking it up next Tuesday while driving the old car around for the last week before I sell it.  Things changed.

The old car had a battery/starter problem tonight after the meeting and would not start.  Charlie and Margie tried to jump start me and that did not work.  We left the car at a church after my 9th  AA meeting this week. They gave me a ride to my mechanic’s shop to see if the new car was outside so I could drive it home.  It was inside the shop.  They gave me a ride home and I am carless for the night.

C & M will give me a ride to the repair shop tomorrow morning.  I will get my new car and then have the old car towed to the shop to be repaired.  I might have to juggle cars for another week, but it is not a panic driven emergency by any stretch of the imagination.  I will have the old car repaired before I sell it to somebody needy cheap reliable transportation.  I believe the car still has at least another 60,000 miles left in it before it becomes unreliable transportation.

In my using days, a dead car would leave me stranded and powerless to solve the problem since I spent all my money on drugs.  I will have to wait until Tuesday to pay the mechanic in full for the work.  That is not expected to be a problem.  Now all I have to do is get one car from the shop when it opens on Saturday morning and have the other towed for free by my auto insurance to be repaired.  I have reliable friends to give me a ride.


I am grateful for a higher quality of problems today.

No comments:

Post a Comment