A Full Day of Being of Service to Others.

Today was filled with recovery activities.  We left early for the clinic to take Michelle by DSHS to get some forms she needed to fill out.  After the meeting, I talked with a guy that drank last night and got fired this morning.   I had him read The Doctor’s Opinion to me.  Then we talked for a few minutes, I gave him my phone number and was on my way.

I got to the pool only to realize it was a bad time to start swimming since lessons started in 20 minutes.  I came home for two hours during which Lea and I finished off the 4th step in our workbook.  After that, I took Lea to Seattle to meet with lawyer for help with getting on SSI. 

Two hours later I had a ticket for parking in the loading zone and we were on our way home.  We picked Michelle so she and Lea could take a beginning beading class at Ben Franklin in Redmond.  Michelle wanted to go to a meeting and I went to the beading class with Lea.  For $5 each, we got lessons on how to crimp bead wire endings, tools and the materials to make one bracelet.  It went well.

We finished beading with enough time for me to make the night swim. I came home to make dinner and relax.  Michelle was gone.  Turned out she had stayed at the Alano Club for two meetings.  She called for a ride home.  When I picked her up, she asked if Libby could spend the night since she had got kicked out of her Oxford house this morning after testing positive for “poppy seeds”.

I had dinner and realized I had a newcomer on my hands for the second time today.  Libby read The Keys to the Kingdom, the story of the first woman in AA that also started AA in Chicago.  Now I get to write my Gratitude blog.


I am grateful for a full day recovery and of being of service to others.  It sure beats sitting home isolating by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment