Tape As A Band-Aid And Other Uses

I get more than my share of minor cuts and scrapes.  White medical tape works a lot better for me than Band-Aids.  Tonight I manage a small cut on the tip of my right middle finger on a dinner knife while doing the dishes.  It was the sort of thing most people would put a Band-Aid on.  They peel right off my finger while pushing my wheelchair around.  A healthy dose of tape stayed on even during my 50 minute swim tonight and is still on 3 hours later after a fair amount of hand activity tonight.

I use all kinds of tape:  Teflon tape for when the “feet” come off my computer mouse; duct tape for holding things together; paper, fabric, and plastic medical tape for wound care; scotch tape on paper; packing tape on boxes; black electrical tape on wiring; and so on.


I am grateful to have lots of tape here at my apartment for whatever I need whenever I need it.  Especially when I am bleeding and need to staunch the flow of my anti-coagulated blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment