Consequences

It used to be that consequences always meant an unwanted result of previous poor choices in behaviors and actions.  Now consequences are most often a good thing.  I choose to go to meetings, work with a sponsor, help others, read the literature and am now able to live a happy sober life every day.  Of course I still get irritated by events in my life, but I don’t get sucked into everlasting sense of guilt and shame.  Being focused on the process, I get to turn the results over to my higher power.


I am grateful for having made generally successful transition from being focused on the results to being focused on the process.  Doing my best during the process yields my best chances at the results I want.  That is infinitely better than doing nothing while worrying about the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment