Being Exactly Where I Should Be

While swimming in a nearly empty pool this afternoon, I was struck by the blissful sensation that I was in the best place I could possibly be for good self-care and that there was not a better place in the entire world that would be better for me.  It was a great sensation to know and feel in my heart and mind that I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

I swam for my current standard of a little over an hour.  The pool was so empty that I got to swim longer laps by swimming from a corner of the 4.5 feet deep end to near the lengthwise middle of the pool where it is 3.5 feet deep.  It was a like a right-triangle and so I calculated my laps were 41% longer than usual.  It turned out that mattered because a couple hours after I got home and woke from my nap, my shoulders were on the sore side of tight.  They feel great now.

Five months ago, I was looking at being homebound due to being so overweight and out of shape.  Now I am slowly losing weight and am much more fit.  That feels a lot better.  The change from a dismal fitness future to an optimistic redemption of hope is priceless.  I renewed my 3-month pass today—a week early.  This was one bill that I wanted to be sure was paid before services expired!

I am grateful for a close convenient wonderful place for me to swim, for having the resources to get to the pool and to be able to afford to swim every day.  There are many people that have to take the short (Access) bus and/or can only afford to come once a week.  I have compassion for them and they make me appreciate what I have all the more.


No comments:

Post a Comment