A Slothful Day

My cough from two weeks ago is back in a slightly bothersome way.  I held off on going swimming, for a walk with Leslee (she likes to avoid communicable diseases when possible), and my Sunday night homegroup. 

Our current homegroup meeting location, Bellevue 1st Congregational Church, is on the market for $50M which is motivating the church to ask renters to have/buy liability insurance as part of their effort to woo potential buyers. They were very good to us over the years and we appreciate their hospitality.  

It looks like we will be moving to Grace Lutheran Church after 22 years at 1st Congregational.  I did go to GLC to meet with Kris this afternoon.  She was very welcoming.  At least four other 12-step groups have moved to GLC this year.  GLC is also getting a new pastor, so this is also a bit of an outreach trend for them as they continue to evolve in providing services to west Bellevue neighborhoods.


I am grateful that things are going well enough in my life that I can afford a day of sloth.  I made scrambled eggs with cheese, watched some NFL football, read my Kindle, took a nap and was extra nice to Lea while she was feeling considerably under the weather.  I hope to be swimming again tomorrow and selling my old Cougar this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment