A Trip Pike Place Market With Michelle

Dropped Lea off at the UW Dental School where she had her second-to-the-last fitting for her dentures.  Presumably she will have her new dentures next week.  Tried calling Dan for lunch, but he was at his doctor’s office.  Michelle and I went to Pike Place Market to wander around like tourists for an hour or two.  We took our pictures by the bronze pig, bought flowers and split a bratwurst, sauerkraut and potato lunch at the Bavarian Market.  A little more sightseeing at the Market and it was time to go pick up Lea.

A couple of errands on the way to take them home and it was time for my swim.  Swim time goes a lot faster if I talk with others while swimming/treading water.  I am becoming a veritable social butterfly at the pool.  Chatted with Jan and Debbie this afternoon after a vigorous start that was followed by a strong finish.   I was extremely tired when I got home and slightly tight when I woke up from my nap—it was a perfect swim.


I am grateful for my vastly improved social skills fueled by my recent insights into how important relationships and interactions with others is to proper mental hygiene and health.  Sandy’s challenge to talk with others throughout the helped put that in more concrete terms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment