Creating a new habit

My New Year's resolution of going to 90 meetings in 90 days is a prelude to creating a new habit of going to a meeting of everyday. I am working on a systematic effort to create a new habit based on http://www.christinecarter.com/cracking-the-habit-code-free-online-class teachings to create a new habit in 21 days.

The day one lecture was to chose one new routine to create & implement. That is 90 meetings in 90 days for me. Day two is to create an Anchor Activity. The anchor activity will serve as a positive trigger to create a willing desire to do the new routing. My anchor activity is to write my Gratitude Blog in the morning. I always feel better and successful after writing. That creates a desire to do another activity that will also make me feel better.

Writing in the morning and then going to a meeting everyday will actually create two new habits for me. Writing my Gratitude Blog is established habit. It was easy to change to writing in the morning to ensure that even if I broke my morning writing routine, I would still have plenty of time to complete this activity. Success builds on success. Having already been successful writing, it is a lot easier to focus on being successful at attending a meeting. A strong optimistic belief that I will continue to be successful and feel good is a new way attitude for me to have in my life. Family of origin issues gave me of more Hobbesian perspective of life being something to be endured. Today, I get to have the perspective that life is to be successfully enjoyed and participated in with others.

I am grateful for my willingness and desire to create positive new habits in my life. A new found level of humility combined with a high level of literacy are making it easy for me to use proven new tools such as Cracking the Habit Code to change my life for the better by implementing new habits in only three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment