Lots of Health Care This Week

I have health care appointments four days this week.  I will have cleaner teeth, better mental health from my first visit with a favorite psychologist from several years ago, urology and the burn clinic.

It has been a month since I was released from the burn ward.  Due to losing part of the graft due a poor choice of wound dressings, I am further away from healing then I was when I left the ward.  That sucks.  It was not completely unexpected, I have problems with healing in my legs.  It is starting to wear on my.  I had a little timeline (expectation) in my head to be mostly healed in a month.

In the lingo of 12-step slogans, an expectation is a premeditated resentment.   It is best I let go of that expectation ASAP.  Ruminating over it will only make my life and mental health much worse.

I am grateful to have access to all these healthcare resources and really appreciate the quality of care I receive from these people and institutions.



No comments:

Post a Comment