Insurance

My car insurance renews itself every six months on my credit card. That charge cycled again yesterday.  I have not had cause to use my auto insurance for years.

Getting paralyzed while working resulted in my getting a disability pension via industrial insurance aka workmen’s compensation.   With the exception of a few large employers like Boeing and Weyerhaeuser , workmen’s comp in Washington State is run by the state’s Department of Labor and Industries.  A nice feature of that is I don’t have to worry about somebody bundling off my pension with a collection of other liabilities to a company that is headed for bankruptcy in yet another version of white collar fraud.

I am grateful for the benefits derived from well run insurance companies.

1 comment:

  1. How grateful and lucky you are to have Washington workmans' compensation,my hubs had the Oregon bs and never got anything, he had to work the company he worked for was self insured and they never believed he was injured his back, they thought he was faking it, sent a lot of people to film him, well he was not faking it but did manage to work and get his pension but what a shitty company is SAFE in Oregon the whole state is full of crap as far as we are concerned, a governor who duped the people with his gal pal by his side and screwed the citizens out of any affordable care insurance to the toon of billions they owed and paid to ORACLE and his gal pal who is 20 years his senior got a lot of dough running this company and that company not so sure it was legal both under FBI indictments but he did not care at 68 he surreneded his governorship and many other things..Good you got he pension from Washington state at least you got something not so much in a lot of states they just let you work and hurt yourself more and they don't give a crap, my hubs union was not all that good in getting him anything either so he retired he had many many years in his pension and I worked until I could no longer I have a federal pension and we saved like hell and lived under our means..Hope your leg is healing well, enjoy the holiday of Passover and easter and also the heat that will be coming your way very soon! The tulips in Mt. Vernon were lovely some friends took us up and we just got back it was lovely, but because the heat is coming soon and soon some heavy showers up on Mt. Vernon the Tulip Festival will be over before the second week of april..

    ReplyDelete