Being A Licensed Driver With A Car

Went to Seattle today.  Drove south on 1st Avenue trying to take a left on Spokane Street under the viaduct/West Seattle Freeway.  The left turn light failed to turn green during three complete light cycles so I went straight and took a left in a couple of blocks to drop off a pneumatic cushion for my wheelchair that needed to be repaired.

On the way back towards downtown Seattle, I took an illegal left turn to be able to head north on 4th Avenue.  A half-mile down the road, I got a traffic ticket.  I will strive to do a better job of obeying traffic laws.  I tend to think of traffic laws more like guidelines to be applied with attentive common sense with safety in mind than rules.  That does not always work so well, but I have not been in an accident in 20+ years.   It is good to have not-corrupt cops watching out for all of us.


I am grateful to be able to afford to drive, have decent roads to drive on, traffic rules that are generally obeyed by most motorists with the exceptions of drunks and texters, a very reliable car that works well for me, and being able to afford gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment