A Nice Birthday Day

It was my birthday today and I once again have a year of sobriety.  It was a good day.  Went to my meeting, shared a cake with the group and they sang Happy Birthday to me.  After that I did a focus group for a local software company and got a voucher for free software that I will give to a friend that needs software.  After lunch, I went to see my psychotherapist for the first time in five years, it was great to see her again.  The visiting nurse changed my burn dressing.  Lea and I watched a couple TV shows.  We shopped online buying some shoes for Lea to celebrate her year of sobriety. It was a pleasant birthday with an appropriate level of activity.


I am grateful to be getting older, wiser and happier.  It sure beats all the other alternatives.



PS: This was supposed to have posted on 3/6/15.  I found it in the drafts folder and posted it on 3/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment