My New Food Processor

My sister got me a 9-cup food processor for my birthday.   It came early last month.  I finally got to using it today by shredding half of the veggies in the refrigerator. 

It was interesting in that everything I made were foods my grandmother made for me.  Corned beef hash, cole slaw and sliced cukes & onions in vinegar.  Granma never came close to having a food processor.   I remember being a kid with a clamp-on hand-cranked grinder prepping roast beef for the hash.  It was good to think of my granma.  She was the one calm sane adult in a childhood filled with too much anxious drama.  I like my new food processor.  It was surprisingly quiet which I greatly appreciated.

I am grateful for all the people that have provided me with food, tools & skills to make food and for being able to afford way more food than I should be eating.  Thanks Karen.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday late mr. pisces you are governed by the fishes and many adore and spoil you, but it sounds like your home was filled with lots of drama and not the kindly type..Your grandma sounded sweet and loving, that is wonderful, I grew up with older adults and remember that grinder and I got to run it in circles and my grandmother made the best foods, it was made with love and affection and magic, we had little money but she made the meals seem like feasts to me, we chatted about her day and mine she was quite elderly but there was always, coffee (café to her) and something fabulous to eat, she stayed up for me I worked and went to college, she did not live long, but she was a rock in my life..Happy Happy Birthday, life is quite short, sounds like Karen is spoiling you while you heal and I adore cukes & onions and peppers in a vinegar brine..ciao!

    ReplyDelete