Finishing Some Chores


I volunteer at local juvenile and adult correctional facilities.  There is a Federal effort to reduce rape in jails and prisons called “PREA” (Prison Rape and Elimination Act).  That means we have to do training every year to learn how to not sexually abuse the inmates, signs they have been abused and how to deal with it.

Hopefully I have successfully completed this year’s training requirement.  I have used many online training resources over the years.  Most places stopped using Adobe Flash years ago.   For the Washington State DOC, it is the latest in online education or proof that nepotism gets contracts.  It is uncertain whether I got everything done that needed doing.  I have well over 150 course credits and a degree in using computers.  It is easy to imagine others being even more frustrated with this process than I am.  /rant

Today was a good day.  I made it to a meeting, got a dressing change, lunch with Sandy, got Lea to the medical appointment, went Costco shopping and finished my online courses.

I am grateful to be getting more done these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment