My Deck Garden

I lived her for a decade with started out as a nice collection of house plants.  Then I got two cats.  They were plant killing cats.   I was down to my last two sorry plants and a short lemon cypress tree (cats hate citrus smells).  Then Lea got motivated to grow some plants on the deck.   It was a good year for the deck plants. 

She lost interest in the deck plants last summer and I took over.  We added more pots and plants and used a hose to water the plants since carrying water in a bucket was not going to work for me.  It worked pretty well until I got blocked from getting on the deck due to a bunch of stuff being stacked in the way.  I did not try that hard to get past the barricade and the plants suffered from a lack of water.

Last fall I bought a box of bulbs from Costco that could/should have been planted in the fall.  I finally got around to planting the budding bulbs today.  Most of the bulbs were in good shape, one type of bulb was not in such good shape out of ten different kinds.

I could rearrange the deck in a better way by myself.  It would be a lot easier to get help.  I will get Lea or a friend to help me later this week

I connected the hose to the kitchen sink faucet, watered the plants, stored ten gallons in a tub and watering buckets and put it away.

I am grateful for my deck garden.  One annual plant in a hanging basket started blooming two weeks ago.   I look forward to spending time puttering around in my deck garden this summer.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment