Winter Weather


New England beat Seattle in the Superbowl two weeks ago.  Since then, they also got 6 feet of snow with another snowstorm on the way.  Seattle was 60° and sunny this week. 

While I am pretty much homebound with my healing.  It was great to be able to drive to Seattle in light traffic this morning and then pick up two delicious cheese-steak sandwiches from The Original Philly's on the corner of Rainier & MLK in south Seattle for a takeout lunch at home—something I rarely do.

The occasional snowstorm that quickly melts away makes for a beautiful winter wonderland.  6 feet of snow with more on the way would be a horrible unending nightmare for people like me that don’t drive in the snow.  I don’t mind driving in the snow.  My rearwheel drive car does poorly and the consequences are way too severe to make any kind of sense.  Being stuck in my car with my wheelchair with treadless tires would be a crappy way to spend my day.  Wrecking my car then being stuck in a cold car on a snowy day is not going to happen anytime soon.


I am grateful for relatively warm sunny winter days with delicious sandwiches.  The visit to the burn clinic went well enough.  I am slowly healing.  The doctor’s prediction was for a few more weeks with my leg elevated.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are healing and feeling better each and everyday..Would not live in the east our only child lives in NYC but she travels the world, she adores Austin,TX the SXSW festival coming up in March..Snow and inclement weather all the time and the expenses of just living in NYC are exorbitant in my mind..I would take Bellevue and a burb of Seattle anytime and anyday, best puclic transportation system for the money when it gets nice up there it is heaven on earth commute times are horrible but one can take the sounder everywhere and live in the suburbs! The city you reside the jewel of the whole area, if we had some money we would live up where you live we live at the butt end of the state near the Oregon border nothing but homelessness, poverty now, lots of crap..take good care of yourself and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the governor of Oregon just resigned after a big scandal with him and his gal pal.She is a crook and a con and he went along with it, he is 68 for god's sake and a pisces like you, got lured into a bunch of crap and resigned now he and she are under federal investigations, figured he made a deal with the state not to have to be put into jail but really my husband of nearly 41 years will turn 68 near Halloween and he would never agreed to any person woman etc. for money, the gal pal got lots of money for stuff she did not do and was advising him to boot on public policy, it blew up in his face and he is gone baby gone...Now if the man was on drugs or alcohol I think the legislature and senate etc. could have understood but he never spoke acted bizarre started talking irrationally and boom shakala he was resigning, he is a career politician and a retired emergency physician with a big pension! I don't feel sorry for him, I am sure you have heard the saying there is no fool like an old fool, that is what happened, he was married twice and has a son in college, none oft those women would ever speak about him, she was married his gal pal several times one for money $5,000 for a green card for a college student and the other fellow painted quite a picture of a money loving you know what..Politics are dirty plain and simple..Take good care of yourself, happy valentines day and enjoy your food up there we don't get it at all down here, ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete