Returning to Routines



After a month of flu and burn issues, I made it back to my morning meeting doing my Friday AM service position of chairing the meeting on the topic from AA’s Daily Reflections.  As would be expected in early February, the topic was on the 2nd step of coming to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

Riffing on the theme that god is love, I talked about learning how to love myself, my life and others thanks to the miracles of 12-step recovery mentioning my new favorite definition of love with others as being sharing a moment with others and then feeling better.  Members responded in kind talking about much more sane behavior, learning how to receive and give loving support with others.   I had a good meeting and hope they did too.

I am grateful to be getting back the successful routines of daily live that make my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment