Setbacks

Started my day with one potential healthcare setback and then another revealed while changing the bandage on my ankle.  My foot was slightly red.  That could have been from the way I was lying in bed or early signs of an infection.    The first problem has been an ongoing urology issue.  If my foot is still red or redder tomorrow, I will go to the ER with a quickness.  I have a long standing appointment with my urologist on March 3rd.

These setbacks suck.  Even if nothing needs to be done to treat them, they are still wearing on my mental health.  It is not that I have a lot of anxiety over them, it is just a grind to process and deal with.

It is hard to talk to others about them.  All too often instead of getting a kind ear to listen to my vent my frustrations, I am given medical advice by people with no experience dealing with these issues.  While the medical advice is of the “go to the doctor right now” ilk, my issues are rarely of the life-threatening emergencies and so are not solved at the ER.  I appreciate my friends concern for me, but am frustrated by not being able to have an actual conversation about my feelings, thoughts and concerns.


I am grateful to have great health care providers all less than 30 minutes away.  This week, I will talk with a dietition, an RN nutrionalist and my GP about my health care issues—providing I don’t also have to go to the ER for infection problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment