Flow With Danica

Danica got a new Windows 8.1 Touchscreen laptop for her birthday.  We spent 3 hours customizing the hard drive, folders, downloading and installing web browsers, media players and Google Drive (nee Docs).  It was the most I have ever taught/shown someone in my life in a single sitting.  I was not really trying to teach her full PC competence, more nearly I sat at my PC explaining and demonstrating how my PC was laid out and what she should do next.  She did it with few questions nor mistakes.  It was very impressive on her part.  We got interrupted by a phone call and realized it time for a break.

It was great to be able to help someone setup their new laptop going from barebones Windows to nearly all they need in just a few hours.  I could hardly have done it faster on my own.  I greatly enjoyed helping someone make great progress in a short time.  Danica was extremely pleased with her new hardware and knowledge.

Sandy and Victor made an accepted offer on a condo in the building where they had been renting.  They are going to a loan officer tomorrow instead of lunch.  I am very happy for her.

Leslee is going to buy a new car for the first time in 30ish years that will likely last her the rest of her driving days.

I am very grateful for my friends making progress in their lives, my PC skills, and to be able to help others in a way that was fun, enjoyable and productive for both of us.  Then we had pork fajitas for dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment