A Gorgeous Day

Met Sandy for lunch today for the first time since early January.  Due to leaving home early, I stopped by the Juanita Beach Park for a few minutes to enjoy a beautiful spring morning before lunch. 

Bought a glucose meter at Walgreen’s while killing time shopping.  Turns out I have a bit more to learn about glucose meters and needing to buy the little strips that go with them along with lances to get a drop of blood.  While shopping online tonight for the test strips, I bought a much better Bayer glucose meter on Amazon tonight that comes with a USB connection so I can upload my results to a PC.  By Thursday, I will be checking my blood sugar.  From reading the reviews, it is clear the results are not always accurate (off by 25 on a scale that is ideally ranges from 60 to 100).  The Bayer model was really well rated with few negative reviews.


I am grateful for beautiful days, good friends, delicious food and easy affordable access to medical technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment