Extended ER Visit

Had to go back to the ER due to an infection in my burn/graft.  It was basically a trip to the ER for an IV antibiotic and slight dressing change protocol that took a night back on the burn ward to complete—like an extended ER visit in slow motion.

It was good that I went to the ER and got some IV antibiotics in a timely fashion.  I will spend more time lying down with my foot up for the next two weeks and will hopefully be healed to a closed wound in a somewhat fragile condition.

My temporary roommate was incredibly asocial.  He was a homeless vet with a burn claiming that a guy from a neighboring encampment lit him on fire with alcohol.  It was easy to see how this guy almost got burned to death for being annoying and whiny.  That story might be true.  Easy to imagine some substance abuse issues being involved with whatever caused his burn.    

I am grateful for the health care treatment and to have got to go home today and that I am nowhere near close to being as miserable and unhappy as the guy next to me seems to live his life.  He was spinning elaborate revenge stories towards multiple people and places that had “wronged” him.

No comments:

Post a Comment