A Good Digestive System

My stomach works really well.  I have been nauseous only a few times in my life when seriously infected and a few times from too much alcohol.  I don’t have any food allergies that I am aware of.  I rarely get cramps, have never had an ulcer and rarely have diarrhea.

My roommate gets torn-up by problems with her digestive system.  It hurts so bad at times she is crying in pain even on almost 200 mg of methadone.  During a bad week of problems, she might vomit several times a day for several days—between bouts of more and less pain.

It boggles my mind how someone with stomach problems like hers does not research food allergies and dietary supplements, much less live on a diet primarily consisting of quesadillas made from corn tortillas, teriyaki chicken meatballs, cheese and pineapple sauce and with her beverage of choice being decaf coffee with lots of liquid creamer and sugar.

I am extremely grateful for a stomach that works consistently well with little pain and no known allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment