A Blah Day

Did the usual Tuesday morning routine of meditation readings with Lea and Michelle, meeting, Crossroads Mall with Charlie and Margie and Diana, light grocery shopping, and then home for lunch.

Felt some degree of loneliness that lead to a craving to use in order to “be somebody”, talked about it with others and then took a nap.  Using always changes how I feel—I like the high and would then feel bad about yet another relapse for days, weeks and months to come.  The insanity of addiction is that spending all my money on a high that might last for a day seems reasonable.  It is frustrating to never be more than another hit away from a relapse.

So my afternoon was a big nap followed by a broccoli dinner then three TV shows and finishing off a so-so sci-fi book on my Kindle.  For a blah day with more than a little compulsion and/or craving to use, having stayed sober is a really great place to be.


I am grateful for the eight months and two weeks that I have sober today.  That is a lot better than starting over with no money, no time and mass incomprehensible demoralization.

No comments:

Post a Comment