1001 Gratitude Blog Posts

Yesterday was 1000 Gratitude blog posts on this website.  I am fantastically pleased with my progress due to writing about gratitude and for making it to 1000 posts.  When I wrote my first post back on 12/27/10, it was an open ended commitment to myself to write 5x/week for the year 2011.

Reading that post I saw that my goal for 2010 was to go to a meeting a day and made it to about 150 meetings.  Now I am averaging 10 meetings a week since Labor Day and have done a meeting a day for the 8 months prior to that.  I am much better at doing good self-care now than how I used to be.

Watched a good friend speak at a gratitude dinner tonight.  She did well.  My passengers acknowledged gaining some insight into relationship dynamics of alcoholics and their families.  Not enough to do the work of an Alanon program, but it was still some insight into the issues of why an ex-husband one friend had not seen for years called to berate her before we went to the meeting.

I am grateful to still be writing about gratitude, many meetings and my sobriety.  I am happy for my success after a somewhat grumpy evening on my part.


2 comments:

  1. We went to seattle for a wedding & reception on 11/9/14..We found the whole dadblasted city full of homeless, hopeless, on drug people and they had dogs and cats they cared for..Thanks to God for the Salvation Army they are at the lightrail places and places who so need help for food, a cot, recovery from drugs and alcohol they hold placards to help those in great need..Our holiday we give to the Salvation Army, they house and feed almost 10,000 human beings with great problems, mostly alcohol and drugs in Seattle daily, the largest city in this lovely state and many suffer so much..The wedding was way over the top, the bride and her family wealthy and lots of alcohol and the groom got snockered, we left for a hotel with our only child who was the maid of honor we don't imbibe or promote it, I got some towels from the jc penneys store, the bride loved them, our only said she would never have such a wedding reception, the many who suffered were right by, in the new Vulcan place off of Mercer Avenue, in a swanky hotel and what a night, the soccer team was playing, Oprah Winfrey was in town for one of her many seminars that cost $500.00 to attend no wonder she is a gajillionaire!!!!!!!!!!!!! We stayed in the burbs at a nice place we know the owners and left early the next morning dropping off our only at SeaTac what a hub it is..We got home early and have concluded we never need to see Seattle in the city again, if we have to..Bellevue is another story indeed, we have relatives there it is a nice place to live and have a family, I can only imagine the people in great need there are not out in the open, sad, I applaud the work of Salvation Army and AA and many other organizations to help those affected by substance abuse, mental illness and homelessness and down on their luck with no jobs, it was a big eye opener to me, I thought I had seen it all in California but at least in the city of Seattle Salvation Army goes out early and often to feed and help those who truly need it I say Kudos to them and the other organizations who truly save human beings lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus thank you for your blog daily to change others lives, it is a work in progress, I truly feel you do so much to say lives..thank you..ciao!

    ReplyDelete