Supper With Sandy


Sandy and I have been going out for a weekly meal seven years.  We tried dozens of restaurants in/near Redmond before going to the Redmond Friday night AFG meeting for the first four years.  We stopped going to that meeting 3 years ago after they were moved by the church in a smaller room that felt too crowded for me to find a socially comfortable place to sit in my wheelchair.

For the last two years, we have been meeting for dinner on Monday nights.  Last summer we found a Thai restaurant, Noppakao, in Juanita that serves delicious healthy meals with super fresh vegetables.  Now when we try other restaurants, they just don’t measure up in terms of taste, freshness and value.

We share a positive world view preferring a much more egalitarian society instead of the current one where the rich use the poor to scare the middleclass into working (my favorite/only Jerry Pournelle quote).

I am grateful for my friend Sandy and for having the resources to enjoy great food cooked & served by others while we share wonderful conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment