Meeting Charlie at Crossroads Mall


Charlie has been my AA sponsor for 4+ years.  We try to meet at Crossroads Mall on a weekly basis.  That was a bit hit-and-miss for awhile.  We talk for an hour and then read from the Grapevine, the Big Book or 12x12 for a few minutes or whatever other literature I might bring.  Charlie is a student of eastern spiritual writings. 

Over time, we have tried meeting on all the weekdays in the afternoon.  We never found a time that worked week-in and week-out.  There was always something that blocked our having a consistent schedule.  Lately we have taken to meeting on Fridays mornings at 11.  That looks like it will work well.   Charlie exercise at the gym behind the mall right before we meet.  Lea and I have been going to a meeting that gets out at 10:30.

[I started writing this Gratitude blog post early this morning and am now finally finishing it after midnight.]

This morning Charlie, Greg, Caroline, Lea and I meet at the mall.  That went well.  We discussed various topics in our lives.  We rarely discuss news of the world.  Current events tend to agitate our cynicism blocking us from the sunlight of the spirit.   We read the second step out of the 12x12 and had a overview discussion about our religious backgrounds and got a bit more in-depth about our current sense of spirituality.  It was a good meeting at the mall.  Lea read out loud to more than 2 people for the first time in maybe 25 years.   

I am grateful for the love and support I get from my friends and fellow trudgers in recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment