Improved Relationships


My first day clean after my months-long relapse last year, I had dinner with Sandy and an epiphany that relationships with others was the most important thing to me for the rest of my life.  All of my relationships are better now.  Varying degrees of better, but definitely all are better.

My most important relationship is between me, my higher power and my sobriety.  Without that, there are no other healthy relationships.

Today I am able to both love and support others in their lives and allow others to love and support me in my life.  An example of allowing love and support is taking a friend with me to my doctor appointments.  Prior to last fall, I had never done that in my life.  Now both Lea and Michelle have gone to the doctor with me.  It is good for me to not be such a secret about my health care issues.

I am grateful for the (small) burning bush kind of spiritual epiphany about how important relationships are to me and for the vast improvement in the quality of my relationships.  Interactive love and support make my world a better place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment