Serenity


Serenity is the name of a great Joss Whedon sci-fi movie that has been described by some as a space western.  The serenity I have and am writing about is having peace of mind with who I am and what I am doing in my life today. 

As a child, I optimistically imagined I would be a jet-setting high-powered civil engineer fixing the problems of the world’s infrastructure.  In reality, I go to 12-step meetings and run errands around Bellevue.  It is not the life I imagined.  I have come to serene terms with life on life’s terms by learning how to accept my world as it is and do what I can to help make it a better place to live.

Psychotherapy, anti-depressants, 12-step programs, spirituality and positive psychology are some of the tools that I have used to create peace in my turbulent mind.  It is much better than how it used to be.

I am grateful for my serenity today.  I might also watch Serenity again tonight.  It is a good guy movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment