Overcoming Procrastination vs. Self-care


Laid in bed most of the day today.  My left calf was somewhat swollen this morning after hours of driving and being up a relatively long time yesterday.   I have been varying degrees of close to going to the ER for nearly two weeks where I would presumably get IV antibiotics.   I am already on daily doses of Bactrim and Macrobid for the rest of my life.  Nothing against antibiotics per se, but there can be too much of a good thing.

My leg is less swollen tonight.  That is good enough for now.

I have not swam in 6.5 months.  I hope to go swimming next Wednesday.  The hot pool makes my fragile skin even more fragile.  I will be cautious and go for a short swim on my first time back in the pool.

Tomorrow evening I will go for a walk with L at Bellevue Square.  That will be a good start on a modest amount of exercise and nice to catch up with her.   There have been few walks with her this year.  Sometimes I am slothful about going out the door, but always feel better after a walk and a meeting at my home group.


I am grateful that I know I will feel better for having be proactive in getting good self-care for myself.  My body’s limitations can’t serve as an excuse to self-destruct from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment