New Apartment Siding


My apartment complex is owned by the largest publicly traded apartment on the west coast—Essex Property Trust.  Essex spent $4.3 billion two years ago to buy BRE Properties.  Now Essex looks to be spending some money on upgrades with a substantial rental increase that is sure to follow.

I love the accessibility of my apartment, ,my parking spot and the location.  The two downsides are my shower is less than ideal for me and that we are on a small hill that prevents me from going for walks around that neighborhood.


I am grateful for a nice place to live in a crime-free neighborhood that is well maintained and incredibly convenient to run errands around town.   Few people live in a more convenient location than how mine works for me.

2 comments:

  1. You should be very very grateful, seeing how much of Seattle and Bellevue is completely rent gobsmaked for the average employed human being..I think it was stated in the times and pi that a decent place in seattle is about $2,300 a month and upward, Bellevue is about nearly $3,000 a month I would say pretty heafty indeed..The places that are reasonable in both cities I mentioned are in crime filled areas where one has to hold one's breath not to get jumped, jacked etc..You are indeed in a tiny minority of people to enjoy living in Bellevue and the Seattle area..For the money my family has we have a teeny house paid off and live in a crime free city where people are friendly, kind and caring..I would never want to live up in the city you reside or Seattle..Just not accessible and money wise anything for us up there, nice to place to visit and I mean briefly and not touristy spots, we have many friends in the burbs who moved from our small town they have to work in retirement like gangbusters, no thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii is about in the same predicament as Seattle and Bellvue yes it is rents in Hawaii are astronomical and food is every expensive...Who cares if it looks and smells like Paradise it is so touristry and so full of people..Their was an oil spill on the nicest beach in Hawaii so one cannot swim in the ocean..This is not heaven on earth..I just cannot get over what it costs in some cities to live and I mean just live, no housing affordability and food out of sight and for most people their budgets tooo...shameful! Be grateful you don't live in Hawaii no matter how lovely it is rent there can run in the several thousands & no food included !

    ReplyDelete