Into The Sunset

My roommate’s son came by this afternoon to get some clothes and gear he had left here.  I made him lunch, he got a shower, did laundry and had a nap.   I took some pictures of them together. We gave him a ride back to Everett. 

My roommate has been to 50+ meetings in the last 20 days.  I shared that with her son on the way to Everett.   I am sure he was glad to see his mom in recovery.  Seeing and hearing her success has to give him some hope.

We dropped him off at a gas in NW Everett.  He got out of the car, gave his mom a hug and said goodbye.  We watched him walk a short block west into the sunset to the next crosswalk.  His story was that he was going camping with a girl.   Looked like he was going to the dopehouse to me.   It was sad.

I started the car and we went the other way to go directly home.  My roommate sniffed back a few tears and said “I hate this town”.   She did the vast majority of her using in Everett/Snohomish County.

I am proud of my roommate for being the best mom and friend she could be to her 24 year old son that appears to be in active addiction to me.   


I am grateful for the resources to be of service to others today.  I am blessed to have a nice place to live, food, a car, and to be sober so that I can be of service to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment