A Solo Quick Trip To Monroe

Tonight was the night that I volunteer for my monthly prison meeting.  My road-mates could not make it so I left earlier than usual due to missing out on the carpool lane.  75 minutes later, I completed a drive that takes 30 minutes with no traffic.

There was some sort of staff training event going on.  I waited for 30 minutes only to find out that they would not be having inmate activities this evening.  Time to go home.  I stopped by a meeting on the way home chatting with friends before the meeting started.

The pleasantly amazing part of this evening’s effort was that nothing bothered me.  I missed yakking with my road-mates on the drive there and back due to their having to take a night off for family events.  I missed being with the inmates and our meeting time.

I am grateful for having a peaceful sense of serenity and acceptance for having made my best effort for an event that did not work out as planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment