Classier Problems


One of my problems that I will have to deal with soon is that the HDMI video output on myAsus laptop I have used for a home theater PC (HTPC) connected to a big TV is dying with lots of warning.  It is a refurbished laptop that I got from Costco.  A bit of research in the last half hour had no good suggestions for an immediate fix and that Costco warranties are only good a year on refurbished electronics instead of the usual two years for new stuff.

I have a big sound-proofed large tower PC case with a brand new intel CPU that I could put together in case of TV emergency.  It would fit about 30 laptops in the space it takes.

I don’t know what I will do for a fix.  I should put the tower PC together no matter what.  Calling Costco support might provide a software fix for what I suspect is a hardware problem.  Buying a new laptop would make it all better.

I am grateful that today’s big material problem is that one of my toys needs some TLC that I can easily afford.   That is a low-stress problem that can easily be worked out.  With the right attitude, researching the solution and implementing it will actually be fun little project.   I have classier problems today than how it used to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment