A Nice Drive



Greg and I drove up to Arlington on a day trip through Darrington, north to Concrete and west to Sedro Woolley and then back home.  We met T, C and M at T’s place then went to the Rhodes River Ranch for lunch.  I had a Kobe (Waygu?) beef bacon cheeseburger.   It was one of the best burgers I have ever had in my life.  Yumm!

It was a beautiful sunny hot day.  We drove with the windows up and the AC on.  Lunch took much longer than expected so we did not get to stop at the Samish Cheese Company nor at an art gallery in Edison  on the coast of the Salish Sea.  I was pleasantly surprised by less traffic than I projected on a Friday for a hot first weekend in August.

The drive went really well until we got to Bellevue.  The trip to Renton took the best part of an hour to make a 10 minute drive in non-traffic times.  My car started making weird noises when I accelerated in stop-n-go freeway traffic.  Freaked me out for a bit.  On the way back from Renton, I concluded my engine was knocking/pinging due to bad gas that I bought in Sedro Woolley.  I will do a freeway drive tomorrow to get rid of a bunch of that gas and then buy some premium to avoid any damage the pinging might due to my engine.

I am grateful for good friends, a beautiful drive, a gorgeous sunny day, awe inspiring mountains and a delicious burger.



No comments:

Post a Comment