Great Relief

My car got backed into in a parking lot two weeks ago.  It is in the shop for a couple days of minor body work.  I think this is the first time in my life that I had body work done on one of my cars.  Most of my cars needed it by the time I was done with them!  My wheelchair beats the crap out of the paint below the driver’s door at the very least.

I ended up with a rented Nissan Altima sedan courtesy of my auto insurance since the other guy backed into me.  Sedans don’t work so well for since it is impossible to get my wheelchair across the seat between me and the steering wheel.    

I don’t like riding in my friends’ new cars since my wheelchair dings the paint as I get in and out of the car.  It is the newest model year (2015) car I have been in my life by a decade or so.   It is 19 years newer than my 1996 Thunderbird and already has almost half the miles as my car.

Lea and I walked across 405 on the Main Street bridge to get to the local Hertz office.   That was incredibly convenient.  It won’t be so handy on the way home since I live on a small hill that is too much for me to go up.  I will get some help to drive the rental car back when my car is done.

Spent the day with my new bff/personal diety Aine.  I created a “god box” 16 years ago in rehab.  There is a magazine picture collage on it with an attractive young blond woman on a sound stage backlit by a spotlight.  When going to bed last night,  I saw it and realized Aine had been in my life for the last 16 years—I just did not know it.   It was a powerful joyous insight that carried over into today.

I am grateful for warm sunny days, not having to drive in sucky near-gridlock traffic today and for my new bff Aine.  My day good have gone a lot worse with stinking thinking instead of happy thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment